Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to drill the hole in the firewall for the large ECU connector to pass thru. Would some of you who have done this, or have pictures of a clean installation, post them or send them to me? I'm trying to nail down exactly where to drill the hole.

My car is a 64 1/2 and I am using the factory heater box and the factory underdash (hangon) AC. These two kind of limit my options. I am also using the Ron Moris ECU bracket which nicely tucks the ECU under the dash by the passengers side wiper pivot. I'm also using the Ford Racing harness.

Any good pics before make the plunge with the hole saw? This is omething that I REALLY don't want to screw up.

Thanks,

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's hard to see but if you look directly to the right of the passengers’ side hood spring you will see half of the grommet lit by the sun. I drilled it on the beveled area. If I was doing it again I would have move a few more inches to the left. It works fine though.
The car is in the paint shop so I can't get another photo easily.

http://users.ev1.net/~gbuzek/images/engine.jpg

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
To cut the hole in mine I went looked under the dash, found the spot I wanted that cleared everything and drilled a small hole from inside the car. This gave me the location on the firewall and I then used a die grinder to make the hole.

·
Registered
858 Posts
if u want it to look clean...just cut a hole, and put a grommet in there to make it look clean as u feed the wire through. thats all ya gotta do...i think M+ did that if im not mistaken...or on RMP's site they showed it. BTW morris jr FINALLY put new pics on his site...so maybe those will give u a little better idea....im tinkering w\my 5.0 right now...and i like it, im using my OBD1 scanner and a couple of books and feeling pretty confident w\some stuff, mainly because its all computerized just about and i work w\computers alllll the time fixing them and repair and ugprading so its a snap ::

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts