Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im thinking that i really want to go with EFI on my mach 1... but im not sure that the intake would clear... does anyone know if it does?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have been thinking of doing the same in my 67 with a 351w. I am about 80% sure that the stock 5.8 intake is too tall, how much too tall I don't know, but it is too tall. Your other option is to buy aftermarket upper and lower intake manifolds for the 5.8. Only problem there is that they are VERY expensive, figure $500-$600 new for both intake manifolds. I am planning on using the stock lower intake and building a sheet metal upper intake that will fit under the hood.

I have done a lot of research on this EFI creation stuff, so if you have any questions send me an email or PM.

·
Registered
858 Posts
lol...when u got in the seat of my 5.0 and pounded that asphault make u want to go EFI matt? ;)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Ask around at corral.net

Several of them have 5.8L in their Stangs.

I think you'll need 5.8L lower manifold, then the rest of the Mustang EFI will bolt on.

You wouldn't want to use a 5.8L truck EFI, it is not high performance.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, kinda ricky. Ive been thinking about it for a month or so... its just so much easier to keep EFI tuned.

·
Registered
858 Posts
lol yup...told ya dude...no need to caliberate the carb and tune it anymore then...its ALOT easier when its computerized...just learn some computer basic stuff and ull be fine :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts