Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Hello from San Diego,
I know (!!) I am not close to you, but I have something you may be interested in. I have one of those 8" rear ends 100% complete with a 3.00:1 Trac-Loc center. It has never been taken apart and was pulled from a '68 Mustang back in 1998 (or so). I bought it from a Mustang junk yard in Phoenix (with about 20 '65-'66 8" rear ends thinking I would use it some day and I never have! I have been thinning out parts I have no longer have a need for for the past three years and this one is now accessible. $1,700.00 plus shipping will get it...
Mike

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my 66 fastback with an 8 inch tracloc car was a good buy at 2500 2 years ago. SAN DIEGO is not in a driveable range for me but thanks Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a complete 9" rear out of my 69, drum to drum. I think the 67-70 rears were all 59.25" wide. I am going aftermarket. It is 28 spline open, and a 3:something ratio. I have to take a look, it is in my shed. I will probably part with it soon. At the moment, I am going to use it to set up a staggared rear shock setup, but after that I will sell it. I have no idea about shipping something like that, we would have to discuss it. I am near Memphis, so plenty of trucking companies there. Not sure of a price, I don't have any idea of the value of it.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been known to go to tunica to visit the craps tables so let me know when you are ready as i do not have a set time frame to work with. Thanks Wes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, sounds good. I imagine I should be no more than a couple weeks. I hope to mock up the rear/shocks in the next week or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts