Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound like a good price? The bodyshop Ive been talking to said 5100 get me a new paintjob, including disassembly, blasting, dent removal, new paint (dark green w/ clear coat) and reassembly. He will also replace the messed up rear valance and do the passenger side floor pan as well as properly painting on the 1970 mach 1 stripes. I have seen this guy's work, it is top notch, and the several national awards his cars have won, and have many recommendations for him, most by people I trust alot. What do you think, good price?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you have seen his work and he will stand behind it ,it sounds like a fair price for the amount of work he is promising.As always look at his past work and talk to the peaple that have used him.FastE

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sounds fair to me.
I was quoted $5k for just the paint work, with no extras.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sounds reasonable as long as you're happy with his previous work. Be careful of hidden costs.... the price will likely increase by the time it's all done. Discuss that possibilty now with him or he'll have you by the short and curlies when you're ready to pick up your car.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me. I was just quoted 5k to paint SWMBO's coupe. Just paint only, no prep work.

·
Registered
900 Posts
That's not bad, but it also explains why a lot of us are doing it ourselves. If you're so inclined, you may want to look into learning how to prep and paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts