Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any market for non-running (but complete w/ airpump) 6cyl/3spd/drive shaft/rear end drivetrain from a California/Arizona late '67 coupe project car or are these things scrap?

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
I see a lot of I6 engines for sale locally (south east PA) and people want hundreds for them. I might pay up to $400 for a stock, running I6 engine if I had an I6 car that I was keeping original and it needed an engine...and I could hear the engine running (and drive it). I wouldn't say they were scrap, though.

FORDSIX PERFORMANCE

This website has classifieds that you can advertise on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
Rules stipulate 30 posts before classified posting eligibility so I thought I'd try to be productive while gathering post count.
Seems a shame to scrap this stuff but would rather not give it away either.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It's easier to sell parts of them than a whole engine. Exhaust manifolds, carbs bring more than a whole engine around here. I just sold a good running 250ci for $150, but it took me over a year to unload it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was able to get rid of the engine from mine for $400, then again i included everything on it (ie carb, mani, etc) That was here in So-Cal... i still have the 3spd, drive shaft and rear end that i have had no luck in getting rid of... and i offered those out for $200 for everything... good luck to you (and yes, i am also pushing towards my 30 hahaha)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
My thoughts assuming the stuff doesn't run. I'd pull the carb, pullies,smog stuff, and exhaust manifold off of the engine. I'd keep the Flywheel,engine spacer plate, bellhousing,transmission(That's a v8 trans that you have), shifter, I'd hang onto the driveshaft. I'd give away or junk the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts