Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if dual exhaust flow masters or turo muffers would sound good? Or, what do you have that sounds better. I have a 200 6 cyl fastback.
Please advise and thank you for your email.
Chris San Antonio, Tx

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I used to run a Midas shop, and have even done duals on a couple of 6 cyls Stangs.
The sixers have a different tone to them, not at all like the V-8's do. So, it's kind of a "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" type thing. But if you like it, why not? I think the duals I did had headers that had 2 outlets anyway, that made it easy to do.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Get a dual out header (http://fordsixparts.com/Custom Headers.htm) and have it exit out through two Borla ProXS mufflers. Probably the best sounding exhaust I have EVER heard out of a 6. You can PM me, L20068 or TheDude if you need any more info on where to start. We have all done this upgrade.

Mike

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Get a dual out header (http://fordsixparts.com/Custom Headers.htm) and have it exit out through two Borla ProXS mufflers. Probably the best sounding exhaust I have EVER heard out of a 6. You can PM me, L20068 or TheDude if you need any more info on where to start. We have all done this upgrade.
If the original exhaust manifold is still on the car, PM me before you begin to remove it.

I just finished installing the dual out headers Mike gave you the link for. They look great. I have the Borla ProXS mufflers polished up and waiting for installation which will hopefully be this week. If you install that header (or any other performance header) you must install a port divider. You can find it at Clifford Performance. It has to be grinded to fit correctly. On the Clifford website, standard shipping will cost $15. This is a mistake and the cost will be corrected when the order comes through. Good Luck. ;)

Justin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Other than the headers & the mufflers, are all the other exhaust system pipes custom? I have a '69 convertible & would like to install dual exhaust & use the "dual exhaust style" rear valence.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm sure they could put a Y pipe on your car if you'd like to go with a dual exhaust with dual mufflers. If you want a single, i've seen some shops cut a 2nd hole in the muffler and weld another pipe on.

The headers and borla's will be the best for sound, performance and mileage but the split duals wouldn't be a bad upgrade for looks IMO.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts