Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 66' 200ci 6cly with a non-adjustable rocker arm assembly. I torqued the rocker arm shaft to specs but am still hearing lifter noise. According to the manual, I need a Ford tool (#6513-K) to check value clearance. Where can I get one of these tools? Is there another way to check it?

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
I can't help you with the tool but I do have some thoughts on the subject. As you already know, the rockers are non-adjustable. Any adjustment is accomplished through the use of a longer push rod. IMO, I would start by removing the rocker assembly and pulling the push rods to check if they are bent. I had a similar situation with my 66 and found that some of the push rods were bent. I wound up changing the push rods and lifters (easy process and inexpensive).

Scott

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
To check if a push rod is bent, roll it on a flat surface and you will see the bend.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Try to isolate it before disassembly. That will help in any ultimate "fix" of the problem. The best surface I've found to check the pushrods with is a piece of glass. If you don't have that handy, your wife's coffee table is usually a good surface! Do this at your own risk... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts