Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually two questions...

1. I see from the catalogs that 6-cyl exhaust mainfolds are listed as 64-67, then 68-73. Anybody know what the difference might be?

2. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a good used manifold for the 64-67?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
1) The difference may be that they started putting 250ci I6's in mustangs I know starting in 69 (maybe some in 68). Really should matter, IIRC, the manifold are interchangable. They may have some smog stuff that are different.

2) IIRC, $60-80 should be a reasonable price for a decent used one. MU has new ones for $120, but that seems a little bit high to me.

Slade

·
Registered
409 Posts
#1 Looking at NPD, they show the same manifold from 65-Nov 66 (mid 67 model year) where a C4 tranny and IMCO emissions took a different manifold. Should be able to used it on any, keeping in mind the later one has a 2" outlet and the early ones have a 1 7/8".

#2 When I was searching for a new one for me, the junkyards I called around to quoted between $50-75. The $50 was at a pull-it-yourself place, the engine was already in the warehouse from the owner's I-6 to V-8 swap. I pulled it off and was about to pay for it when I found a crack in one of the ports ::

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a 6 cylinder exhaust manifold, personally. That's how much I sold mine for when I put a header on my ol' six banger.

As far as the manifold differences, Eaglekeepr pretty much nailed it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an exhaust manifold off a 1965 Mustang 200CId 6 cylinder. I am selling it. I live in pensacola FL, 32514.

It has been painted blue with a high tempature paint. and the surface between the exhaust manifold and the head has been milled flat to insure a good tight seal.
Here is a picture
http://members.cox.net/kdklk/IMG_0807.jpg

If it doesn't show up copy this in ur web browser
http://members.cox.net/kdklk/IMG_0807.jpg

I also have some other six stuff for sale that i don't need any more.

As for price make me an offer+ shipping!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts