Vintage Mustang Forums banner

6 to 8 swap

466 Views 1 Reply 1 Participant Last post by  Art
i have a chance to get a 302 with trans for $100 dollars i believe it is out of a 80 runs. my question is will it fit and if it does how or what am i supposed to due about the gas pedal linkage ? also i will he to chance the front suspension and the rear end .i have a 66 coupe with a 200.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
If I were you, I'd look for a V8 parts car or rust bucket... You will need MUCH more than a motor and transmission. Partial list; motor supports, bell housing, driveshaft, throttle linkage, radiator, rearend, front brakes, front suspension, pulleys and brackets. The 80 model motor you found should be converted to a carburetor, Duraspark ignition, and change out the water pump to a 66 style.

Required tools for operating a Vintage Mustang:
1. Duct Tape
2. J.B. Weld
3. B.F.H. (Big Fat Hammer)
View Album Here:
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.