Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am at work and am bored so i was surfing the web for stang pictures and i cam across this 63 Mustang concept car i dident even know this ever existed. i kinda like it. it would kinda be kool to get a total junk stang and make it to look like the 63. i am getting an idea. i have a 68 that is junk whole front from firewall foward is rotted out. it might be just the car to do something like thatto what do you guys think. i plan on junking the 68 once i finish pulling the good parts off of it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, it was a pre-production 64 pulled, modified and sent out to judge public reaction. So, I guess you co do the same basic thing to a 68 but it wouldn't be authentic looking. On the other hand, not to long ago in the part of Ohio everyone wishes to forget (we call it michigan) someone found a copy which had been made, quite nicely too, but no question not exact, and a dealer was selling it for around $40,000 (may be a little off, but this is close :p) claiming it was the original show car!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
that car was a convertible hard top, although I have never seen photos of he top down, I saw the car @ carlisle this year & you could see the latches holding it in place, now that I think about it, it was probably a removeable hardtop

·
Registered
758 Posts
Damn, that's two things I missed on a trip to Maine a couple of years ago. Not sure I'll ever get back there, since the family property was sold right after we visited and I have no interest in the area otherwise.

(We did stop at the ERA plant in CT, which was fun and reinforced my desire for an ERA 427, but I forgot the contact info for a guy who was in our area with a Kirkham Cobra pushed by a stroked 428 with twin Paxtons... now I find I missed another kewl Mustang/Shelby sort of stop! Waaa!)

K

·
0 Posts
The first concept car made starting the idea was a mid-engine 4 banger. Way too small and seemed to be directed more at the British sports car invasion at the time (50s).

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I've been toying with the same idea in my head now for about a year. I've even started looking for possible grille openings to use. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts