Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The frame built for car is integrated into the body. It is not a racecar tube frame. Funny car/rail drag frame builder (also an engineer) designed it as if the Mustang would be a factory frame built car. He created the roll cage to tie everything together to protect occupants. This car was not intended to be a race car but a comfortable, well built, fast, great handling and safe street car. The rear wheel wells were enlarged 2" (not tubbed) for tire clearance. 16 gal. fuel cell installed. Frame work cost about $7500. The rear is a '69 428 Mustang 9" that was shortened 2". A new Auburn posi and 3:89 gears set up and installed (cost about $1500). Body/underneath stripped to bare metal. All pre bodywork done, front fenders frame built and fenders line up like factory mounts. There are no shock towers and interior engine panels are done. Body work costs were about $4500. Drive train being setup for 428 CJ & 6-speed. The T-56/clutch/hi-torque stater & Lakewood scattershield are all brand new (about $4000) and go with car. No engine will be supplied, but I can get a 390. Interior will need to be finished & wired and '90 SC T-bird front buckets (grey cloth) go with car. All side glass and back glass is good (front windshield got broke in storage). To finish car, core support has to be installed along with front mounting points for bumper etc. Large aluminum radiator also goes with car. We moved, car came with us, a guy claimed he could finish car painted it ($7000 in paint alone), paint job was awful, sued him, got out of court settlement. New shop setting exhaust up for FE engine and plans to finish the car. Tired of waiting for car to be finished and I want to buy a complete car I can enjoy this summer. I've had the car since 1982 and it has 32,000 miles on it (what's left of original car). If you want to finish what I started as one of the most well built/designed/performance coupes I feel I have ever seen Email me. I have spent (most people say invested, you don't invest more money into cars than what the finished product is worth) about $25,000 until this point, that is why I'm asking $10,000. Syd

1 - 1 of 1 Posts