Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the measurements for the little L-shaped brackets that are spotwelded to the fender aprons (L&R). These are the little pieces that the inner headlight buckets bolt to and also a small fender shield. Mine were both missing. I need the measurement from the edge of the rad support back to the bracket(include the thickness of the rad support).
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If '66 versions are the same, PM me know and I can draw them for you; they are not symettrical!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Mike
The 66's should be the same The NPD part number is 123-1RH & 123-1LH and are called headlamp brace. Not sure what you mean by symetrical. Is the L&R side at a different location?
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The left and right fender headlight buckets are not the same. The reason is the passenger side has a depression for the battery tray. If your car is together, I would mark the location by putting the bracket where it needs to be before removing the fender to weld it. Custom fitting the bracket is always preferred to measuring and placing it in hope that it will work out and be right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts