Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Does any company make the little hard plastic ring that goes around the wiring harness hole in the front fender aprons? Protects the wiring from sheetmetal schaffing apparantly
Plastic ring is about 1 1/2" in diameter.
Thanks
Dave

·
6,855 Posts
Would that be "Fender harness Grommet (1) 14603-1K" in my NPD catalog? Looks like it will set you back one whole dollar, but my catalog is old...so it might be as much as a buck and a quarter by now /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

Phil

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Yes. Just about all the large vendors offer them. Try NPD.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I figured it was available somewhere. I don't know how I missed it in my NPD catalog.
Dave

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If this is the apron grommet for the headlight wiring, I bought one from one vendor and the second one from another vendor (both popular catalog vendors). Unfortunately, I didn't document which one came from which. However, one was about 3/4" in width while the other was very narrow. The 3/4" one fit just fine and locked in place. The thinner one was a piece of junk and merely fell out of the hole instead of snapping in place. Not much money involved here, but it was aggravating when the install time came. I found another wide one at a local Mustang parts house and it installed OK.

G

·
0 Posts
I "second" the frustration with the thin one (I purchased mine from NPD...) which ironically happened to match the original one exactly. However, the little prongs were too close and literally flopped around. I'm leaving it for now until I get at it with either a hot glue gun or find a longer neck one which will hold better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts