Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a beautiful 64 1/2 mustang that looks to be in excellent original condition. Other than the exhaust, gas tank and fuel lines. I wanted to find out more about this car. Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do I post pictures on here?

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Nice car!

Please share the story.

Can I talk you out of keeping the mud flaps?

What are you looking to know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice car!

Please share the story.

Can I talk you out of keeping the mud flaps?

What are you looking to know?
I found this mustang by chance. I dropped a load of wood off for a family and was looking at some rabbits in their garage. I saw the mustang and asked if it was for sale. He said yes, told me the price and almost fell over! I made sure it was a 64 1/2 and bought it. I’m curious how to find out all the original specs for this car. I want to see how original it all is. Especially paint and interior. It is immaculate!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this mustang by chance. I dropped a load of wood off for a family and was looking at some rabbits in their garage. I saw the mustang and asked if it was for sale. He said yes, told me the price and almost fell over! I made sure it was a 64 1/2 and bought it. I’m curious how to find out all the original specs for this car. I want to see how original it all is. Especially paint and interior. It is immaculate!

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Unfortunately there is no Marti Report for '65/'66 so you will need to do some inspecting. If the original Warranty Plate is still attached to the driver's door you are half way home. It will tell you the original color, interior, transmission and rear end. The VIN will tell you the original engine. If you don't have a Warranty Plate you will need to look in hidden places like under the door sills, behind the kick panels, down inside the trunk dropoffs to find evidence of the original paint.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Welcome to the club. Mine was built (more or less) on March 23, 1964. #3219. Was even used as a press car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts