Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.A good rule of thumb on that is,if your car has an engine code of U,F,or D,then it's a 64 1/2.If the engine code is T,C,or A then it's a 65.Also the production date of your car should be before mid august of 64.There are a lot of small differences in the cars,but many were carried over into the regular 65 production year.The car should have a generator instead of an alternator,things like that.You could do a search on the changes that were phased in.Hope that helps. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simple... If the VIN is below 5F0XX250001 for Dearborn and below 5R0XX125001 for San Jose, then it's a 64.5.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Nice pages , will help me with my car . I knew there was some differences but there are alot of tiny details . I was wondering why my timing cover has a huge plug in it , I thought it was because some one had done something stupid , but appartently they put the plug in there when the car is PCV equipped and not road draft tube equipped .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts