Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone ID if this lug wrench is for a 64.5, 65 or 66 Mustang. Seeing contradicting info on the net. Most seem to say 64.5, but need to be sure. Also, is the original finish zinc plated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
A while ago, I started a thread on another Forum about 1964-1/2 to 1973 Mustang Lug Wrenches. The results, with input from several very knowledgeable sources, were that the ratchet style lug wrench like you have pictured, is correct for 1964-1/2 through 1966 Mustangs. One confirming pieces of evidence was from a 1964-1/2, Dearborn Mustang, with serial number 00001, that had the ratcheting style lug wrench in the luggage compartment.
Another interesting "revelation" was that there were three different styles of the ratcheting lug wrench ; one like you have pictured with the "U" shaped, "open" handle ; one as I have pictured here with a "round", or closed style handle ; and a third , for which a picture was never provided.
All should have a dull, zinc plate finish.

Hope this helps.

Bob
2 - C5ZZ-17032-A 1965-66 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info. From what I’m reading, this one appears to be 64.5 to early 65( open handle and plate on back of ratchet). Then sometime in 65 they had open handle with open plate on back (not sure how long that design was used). Then came the closed handle with open plate on back. See pic I found

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts