Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I launched the 64.5-66 Mustang Registry on 8/28/02 - one year ago today.

Participation has been OK (.89 cars per day) but not as much as I expected. I suppose the one year anniversary is as good as any reason to beg for more entries. If you've been meaning to enter your car it's been a year now so go get the info and put it in there.

Thanks to everyone who's already registered their car and to everyone who's provided help/feedback over the last year.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
You might also think about advertising elsewhere. VMF generally has about 1,000 "regulars", and about 1/3 of all classic Mustangs were 64.5 - 66, so you're numbers aren't all that far off for VMF. Those 1,000 vary somewhat over time, so a post every six months or so is a good idea, but you have to expand if you can.

Maybe you can get a blurb in MM / Mustang Times / M&F?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I put mine in shortly after your site was up. Also I like your VMF'er locator. I will send a letter to the editior of MCA suggesting others visit your site. Maybe that will create some action. Or perhaps the remainder of the 100,000 or so 65-66 cervertibles have gone to the big highway in the sky.

One of the very few short falls of "Vintage-Mustang.com" that I see is that a number of members have sites which are most helpful such as "Kevin Stangs" rear end site etc which are wounderful when you have a specific problem. However, you always run into those sites when you do not have a problem. It would be nice if a spread sheet with the site and a brief descriptor could be set up. It would allow the users to find these sites much easier. E.G. your register site, with a descriptor; the Shelby Registery; Mach 1 registery etc. :: When I was rebuilding my "Diagenham 4 speed" I was able to collect a lot of information which is only of interest to another 65 - 66 Mustang owner with a six cylinder 4 speed. Much of the help was obtained from members of this site, some not. I would be pleased to library that information is the very few could easily find the references.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts