Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I recall the car, too. The previous owner contacted me about it and sent me several pictures after it was severely damaged in a crash on an icy road many years ago. From the pictures I would say the basic structure of the car remained intact, but almost every body panel, as well as the radiator support, was damaged beyond repair.

I would investigate it carefully before pronouncing it as a genuine PC. The sequence number of 123807 places it's scheduled build date around early May, 1964, and only the DSO 84 cars were built at that time. Even the ebay ad can't agree on the scheduled build date; the warranty tag numbers list it as 20D (April 20), but the text says April 17. I dug up some old emails regarding this car, and the sequence number was an issue we couldn't resolve then, either.

This would make it the third of the DSO 73 cars in my registry, if it's correct.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sellers reserve of 25k has been met with 12 hours left in the auction. i'm very interested to see how much higher the bidding will go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts