Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What with the recent discussion on early Mustangs, thought I would pass along this listing. I have no affiliation with it.
It seems to me the production number of 10065 doesn't jive with the production date but I am no expert.

Here is the link Portland 64.5

And the verbage for when it disappears off of CL
A rare find. 289 4v 4 speed(close ratio).Made Apr 8 1964. Sold Apr 27 1964. Number 10065 out of Dearborn plant. 55,000 actual miles with receipts. Spare tire never used. Always garaged and covered. Air conditioned & works great. Original carpet is not even faded or worn. Rally pack 8000rpm. Exterior was stripped to bare metal and repainted in 2006 to original black. Original dealer painted car pink for gift to his wife but she didn't like it so it was sold on the day they were introduced Apr 27 1964. I could not live with color so repainted it in 2006 (a while after I purchased it). I have all pictures of complete process. Put all new weather stripping and windshield plus lots of other stuff while it was apart. All stainless polished while off. Had original front bumper rechromed. Replacement bumpers are junk compared to original equipment(It was just scratched not dented). Has 289 Hipro headers and like new exhaust. Absolutely no rust ever on car. I have to sell for medical condition that makes it too hard to drive a four speed and no power steering. Call me most anytime. Lots more I can tell you. I will talk about any reasonable offer. Please no low ball stuff it is just too good and rare condition car.
VIN# 5 F 07D 110065 Veh code # 65A A 86 08D 74 1 5 All numbers match.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Production number is 110065, not 100065. ;) The 10,065th car scheduled.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Yes, the production/build date of 08D jives with the consecutive number. I use to own 5F07D110062 which is only 3 digits off from the car in the ad posted and my car also had a scheduled build date of 08D. Wow, that car was similar to my old coupe. Here is the data plate info. I had: 65A J 86 08D 74 1 6. Both cars have a Seattle (74) DSO. It would be intersting to know which dealerships both cars were originally sold out of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts