Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who might carry seat cover kit's that use "comfort weave" (waffle pattern) material for the insert sections?. I'm looking to use it for my 64.4 vert, and have been unsuccessful looking so far. thanks much. roger s.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
are you talking about the factory cloth inserts that were available? if so PM me.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The "comfortweave" material being sold now is NOT true comfortweave. Instead it is solid vinyl with a comfortweave pattern embossed into it. Being solid it does not breathe like true comfortweave does.

To my knowledge true comfortweave material is no longer being made so if you want comfortweave seats you are going to have to do what I did: find some somewhere and have a set of seat covers custom made. You can forget about finding any black comfortweave because the Shelby guys have snapped it all up. Luckily I needed red and my upholstery guy found some somewhere. I bought a set of plain seatcovers and he replaced the inserts with the comfortweave.

Looks great but was not cheap. I ended up spending $1K on them (including the new foam).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well of course i need black, and would want the breathable fabric. Do you know what TMI stands for, or how to check them out? know of any links for distinctive or TMI? RS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts