Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I just bought a 64.5 vert, code c. She needs help. I believe the unibody needs some repair as well as floor metal.She still runs but has been down for a few years. New to 'stangs , but I have no problems with the mechanical side of things(welding etc) but I just need a little direction. I bought this from the original owner for 1.5k
Any help will be greatly appreciated. She needs some sheet metal and I'll pull motor/trans but the unibody scares me. I'm sure I'll have more ???'s later. Thanks...Cheese

·
Registered
10,139 Posts
You didn't ask this question but I will answer it anyway /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If your engine code is "C" then you do not have a 64 1/2 Mustang. You have a 65 Mustang. It will have an alternator.

Good luck with restoration.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. will check it out. Lady bought ride May 25, 1964. don't know if it was special order or not-she is sending me original invoice. Yes it is complete!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds like you got a good one....And, you came to the right place. All the help you can ask for is here. We appreciate pictures......Also, they are great as before and after for your scrap book....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Congratulations on a great little pony.
Many of us started out with pathetic rust buckets.
But that's what makes this hobby fun is the creation of something beautiful.

In addition to this site, go to local cruises and shows. Talk to stang owners, get the magazines and all the catalogs from parts supplier.

There is an abundance of guidance available out there.

J.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats! I had the chance to pick one of those up. 64.5 289 4v, convertible. Just wish I had more money, and time to fix it up. Of corse that one was closer to 5 grand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's a way for you to look up the particulars on your car. Have your VIN Number and Dataplate number handy!
http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html
Post your results so we can offer more help!
I love restomods, but if you have a true 64 1/2, then I would suggest considering a completely stock restoration, down to the detail of original color and interior options, etc. Especially for a convertible. My experience is that original, quality stock restorations will garner more value and of course challenge you a bit more too!

best of luck!

Drew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts