Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother saw a 64.5 Mustang for sale in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area today. He emailed me some pictures of the car and it is real nice. The owner had the generator removed for an alternator but still has the original generator. The date code says 14D. I know this is April 14th but when were 64.5 started and ended production? The picture my brother took of the door data plate didn't come out reall good so I can see the consecutive number in the VIN.

In case you are wondering the car is white with blue standard interior. Engine is a I6 170 cid. Tanny is a C4 auto. Very clean. It was sold in Jacksonville, Florida and the current owner bought it in Louisiana and brought it to Pennsylvania. Uder side pictures looked good also.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow! That could be a VERY early car. Dearborn production of the "early" 65s started on March 9th, 1964 and went to August (San Jose production didn't start until July 13th, 1964). Get a VIN and post it and I'll look up more info in my 'Mustang Production Guide' and post...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am calling the seller tomorrow and will get the rest of the info. I just wish my brother looked at the pciture before moving on. Oh well, at least he could pick out a Mustang in a line up. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts