Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about adding intermittent wipers to my '66 for awhile and recently bought the black box type unit that mounts under the dash for $20. Now I'm trying to figure out how to hide it but still make it functional and accessible. While flipping though the newest Mustang Unlimited catalog looking for parts to do it, I see an item "64-66 INTERMITTENT WIPER SWITCH". I checked against the previous catalog and it is indeed a new part. There is no other description though, so I call their technical support. The guy had no more paper information, so he went and pulled the only one in stock off the shelf. It turns out it is indeed all the electronics you need for intermittent wipers on a 64-66 behind the dash, but when you add your knob and bezel it looks completely stock in front of the dash. Apparently is has 10 intermittent settings built in. A little pricey at $160 dollars. Has anybody seen or heard of this product? Please post some details here if you have. Thanks.

reedbr
'66 289/5sp

·
Registered
911 Posts
Damn, Just a few days ago I posted about wanting to make something like that and wishing someone had made one that mounted in the dash with out cutting the wiring harness and used the stock knob...and now it looks like someone made one. Your right, 160.00 is pretty steep. I could see 20 bucks for the electronics and another 20 for a new switch and another 20-30 for markup..but 160.00? I hope its a plug in.

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yet another case in which I get an idea and a few months later the product shows up. Long ago I was wrestliing with trying to get a stock '65 gas cap adapted to the Stant locking gas cap - Lo and Behold, a generic version comes out on the market 6 months later. Back in '92 or '93, I was thinking, "wouldn't it be grat to have a digital movie camera? Yup, couple months later, such a unit is intorduced. I'm always behind the times! *G*

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
35,887 Posts
Oh s--t, just when I didn't think I needed any more parts....

'66 A-code Fastback (therapy)
'89 Town Car (SWMBO D'driver)
'87 Caprice (as req'd by Hagerty)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah seriously! I shell out that much in other stuff...whats one more credit card charge for a new car feature...laugh

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

G

·
0 Posts
wow, another thing to add to my mounting mustang debt...

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd (the guy with the 8.8)
restomod junkie, 19 y/o with too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts