Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if someone could share a picture of their adjustable idler pulley on a generator car.

For the life of me I can't work put where it bolts onto.

Any details pocs would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Give them a little time... it was 8pm and 4am here in
the States when you posted...
And the 64 generator cars are much less common.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That was actually a double post but had to write something as I couldn't edit the original and fix the spelling mistakes cause I have fat fingers trying to use my cell phone.
I am aware of the time difference, it is usually that there is always someone on here at all hours.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
6 cylinder?? or V8??...car ???

Need more info.

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Also, Original Factory A/C or Modern Aftermarket A/C ??!???

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Don't believe the car uses an Adjustable Idler Pulley....and this car below even has Power Steering! Believe that the Idler Pulleys are mostly a creation of Modern A/C setups... not that they didn't exist back then...just that most A/C setups back then didn't use them as much unless absolutely necessary.

Here's a '64 1/2 Generator car with a Sanden Compressor..... If you look at the setup.. It's just two belts... One to the Generator and one going to the Sanden A/C Compressor.. No Adjustable Idler Pulley.... Lucky for you I have an extensive pic files library!

G'Day mate..

See here below:

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is awesome mate, thanks for that.
The compressor has a different type of bracket than the standard 65 one that I have but generally it should still work.
It all depends how far my compressor pulley will stick forward to use the water pump pulley.
In your pics, it looks like the belt goes to the fan pulley and compressor only.

I do have a pic of an early 64 car that has an idler pulley on it.
It is a very low build number 100006 I have been told and was an A/C car from factory.
It is owned by a Mustang parts seller here in Aus and is original.
I have a pic on my phone and will send it soon.

·
Registered
967 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Possibly just angle/perspective.. one belt is going down and the other up with respect to each other

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts