Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ok, getting close to being able to start the thing. Still waiting on some radiator bends... Kill switch installed. Radatron Tach is circa 1960 but it works. Old military light used in the ignition hole for the low oil-pressure switch. All wiring done except for shift light.

Almost time to start working on door panels and windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
18 seconds...REALLY? Com'on man, give us a walk around.
That's the first time I started it -- just to make sure I had oil pressure and no fuel leaks. Exhaust going on today. By the end of the week I'll take it to the shop where I am having aluminum door panels, kick panels and front spoiler made. Some of the floor panels are already done.

Then glass...

Then alignment shop ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
It will be scrutinized by vintage racing inspectors, so I am holding details close to the vest, but I am happy to post my cam card and the basic parts: 1965 289 block, .040 over, JE custom pistons, GT-40 iron cyl heads, Comp cams bolt down adj. rockers, Comp cams custom cam, 3.00 stroke Eagle crank, Crower roller lifters, Canton racing pan, Edelbrock Vic Jr. manifold, Holley 650, MSD dist.

This is who built my engine: http://www.chevydiy.com/build-chevy-street-stock-engine-circle-track-racing/

Attachments

61 - 80 of 105 Posts