Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Nice! I just picked up basically a spec Boss 302 motor last week (NOT a B2 block) but essentially built as one with World Products Windsor Jr heads, Crower solid lifter B2 spec cam, domed pistons, Victor Jr intake, Demon 750 carb, roller rockers, all ARP hardware. Motor was running before it came of my friends car but I never got to hear it run. $1500. Still going straight to Dennis Mitchell Racing Engines to be completely rebuilt, balanced, and degreed. Not taking any chances.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
A lot of work done in the past 2 weeks. Interior panels and spoiler are done (not by me). Brake ducts cut in. Floor sprayed. Aluminum floor pan. Tow eye done. Rear window with 2 in cut-outs and airplane vents. Windshield installed yesterday.

I will likely paint the bumpers gray and the spoiler flat black, and polish the bumper pan to break it up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Man! What an awesome car. Nice build. Make sure you post pics from a race.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Taking it to Roebling Road in Savannah on Sept 4 for first testing session. Installed belts, fire extinguisher, and had it aligned. I was only able to get 2.5 degrees of caster due to the size of the front wheels hitting the fenders, but was able to get -2 degrees of camber. If all goes well, will race in VDCA the following weekend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Not a great video, but the sound is right..

https://youtu.be/IUIJhHa41dI

The initial shakedown was just that. Had to adjust the rear brakes multiple times (drums), throttle linkage came loose, rear tires hit the inner springs. All were fixed.

The engine really runs great. I had the MSD set to limit at 8500. I hit it a couple of times, and it pulls strongest 5500-8000K.

Transmission is a T10: not the greatest, but it was fine on this track because shifting is minimal.

Most disappointing thing is the weight. On the scales it hit exactly 3000 lbs with 15 gal fuel and no driver. I was really shooting for 2700. Weight distribution is 53/47, meaning it is balanced, but I ended up adding more weight to the rear than stock. I think the big iron nodular 9 inch, track bar, frame supports, and roll bar did it in.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts