Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm a new member with a '65 coupe, 289, 4 speed. I have the older timing chain cover (6-'65 and earlier) with the pointer as part of the cover- not a bolt on plus, the oil dip stick up front. Will a later '66 and up timing chain cover fit? Anything special I need to do or purchase to use it? There are plenty more of the newer ones around than the older ones....Thanks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It will fit the block but you need to be sure the accessory and bolt bosses are the same. Some have bolt bosses that are shorter or longer. If you're trying to be concourse correct the newer covers may not have the ribbed top edge.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info dallas702. I'm not going the concourse correct route- just a reliable daily drive. The only accessory I plan on using is the alternator so I'm guessing the location for the alternator brackets will be the same just the thread depth of the bolt bosses may be different = longer or shorter bolt.
The PO broke of the inner threaded hole for the fuel pump- I was surprised when the bolt came out with my fingers???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts