Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 Mustang GT coupe. 289 with 4-speed. Disassembled for restoration. Was originally Springtime Yellow with white deluxe/Pony interior but has been repainted red at some point. Factory full length console and Rally Pac. It is a real GT, not a clone. It does have rust in the floors and quarters. When the car was disassembled, all of the hardware was separated and labeled in bags.

I’m not sure if the engine is the original one or not, but it has a casting date that’s approximately 1 month before the car was built, so it very well could be the original motor. The transmission was originally a Toploader but is now a Borg-Warner T10. I have all of the original glass, chrome, and wiring harnesses. Everything for the car is there, it’s just disassembled. It needs some rust repair, but would be a great car to restore since it’s a real GT. Located in Northeast Georgia. Sold with Georgia bill of sale. $6500 firm.

Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper

Green Wood Motor vehicle Material property Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive air manifold

Road surface Tints and shades Asphalt Denim Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood

Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Bumper

·
Premium Member
9,888 Posts
That's exactly what I wanted for a car for my wife, but I'm tapped out. I hope it finds a loving forever home and I one day unknowingly pass it on the highway and wave...🥺

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
That will make someone a very fun project - GLWS

John

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Thanks, Allen. I'm still jealous that you got to the blue '66 GT before I did...Just kidding! Love your car!
Why are you selling this one if you wanted the one I bought?

Looks like a very good candidate...

I seriously thought, wow, a GT and original 4 speed car.

I would "pony" up if not for everything I have going on.

Allen

·
Premium Member
9,888 Posts
tranny needs a mustang tail housing, shifter too far forward.
Ahh just swap it for a T-5 and keep it stock topside.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why are you selling this one if you wanted the one I bought?

Looks like a very good candidate...

I seriously thought, wow, a GT and original 4 speed car.

I would "pony" up if not for everything I have going on.

Allen
I have too many other projects going on. The one that got away for me was a nightmist blue '66 coupe that was a GT clone. I've loved that color combo ever since I had that one in college.

Ahh just swap it for a T-5 and keep it stock topside.
That was my plan as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.