Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of making a Billet style aluminum grille for my 66. Not to many companies doing this, at least for what I could find, and for what I feel, they are over priced. I think I can build them a little cheaper than the $200 - $300 average retail price that I'm seeing out there. I'm hoping about half that price if things work out! I've been working on the plans, and have everything worked out, just got to build it now.

I will probably do one for my 66 anyway, but may consider producing them for others if any interest.

Let me know if you think you would "seriously" be interested in something like this. The more interested, the better I might be able to work the final pricing.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Let me know. Any drawings or pics/sketches ?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Post some pics of yours when you get it done. You may get more of a response if folks can see what they look like. From what I'm imagining though, I'd probably be interested...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sounds good to me! Will be looking for pics of finished product!

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing I would like to see is the leading edge of the ribs should be shaped (rounded or at least domed), rather than just square cut. They should also be polished, rather than natural.
Yep, mine is going to have the dome shape up front (much smoother look), and polished. Mine will also be more finished on top, and not have bolts & nuts sticking out of the top, and the mounting plates (top & bottom) will be more streamline where they blend in to car. The slats (top & bottom will all be anodized black as well, so all you see is the polished front ribs.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well do! I figure if I can't mass produce them for a reasonable price, no since in doing except for the one I'm building for me. Right now I'm going through the process of checking out different grades of aluminum to use. I know which is the best, but trying to keep it affordable is a factor as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts