Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 65/66 coupe shell...I can deal with SOME rust, but not the extent that these Ohio cars have. I would prefer a T-code (if its cheaper), since my plan includes all new suspension. No interior or drive train is needed and the only reason I would want suspension is to help load it.....but thats not critical either....basically just a shell/parts car that isnt too far gone. Of course the closer to me the better.I can pick it up if its driving distance,if not, Im not sure I could justify the shipping, but you never know...tell me what you have. I dont check these want ads very often, but I am on the VMF 3 to 4 times a day...shoot me a PT ...Thnx

Joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello joe..
I dont' post/respond too much to this forum but I thought i'd respond to your ad. I am in Cleveland and have a 66 289 C code coupe from CA. that is available.
I purchased car in 2001 from a charity car auction house in CA. It was a donated car. It's ugly..Old paint but it's ROCK solid. Its a 289 Automatic car that orig was Springtime yellow with black interior. Car needs NO rust repair. I was planning on sinking big coin in this so I removed the cowl top and made sure I'd have no leaks.
The good:
Car has running/driving drivetrain and based on date codes I believe it to be original. Trans has a leak.
Doors are super-solid and some of the best I have ever seen. You will need to do NO rust repair on this car. It is ready for a DA and a restomodders hands. An ideal car for someone not fooled by shiny paint/bumpers and emblems only to find bondoed quarters and rotted floors and cowls.

The Bad: This car is UGLY. I tore the vinyl top off and it is solid but looks ugly. Doors have lots of caked paint but are the 500.00 solid type. Front end has mismatch parts and a half-*ss valance headlite buckets...Fenders although fairly solid, should be replaced. Hood is real solid but has 40 layers of paint and a dent in the front.
Interior: I tore out carpet and left it out. Seats need recovering. If you are looking for a solid car in OHIO...this is it. Rear springs were replaced with 1" lowering springs. I found a 69 Mach 1 that I'd rather restore so I'm not going to fix both. I have 5500.00 in the car and I know that is not "roller-shell" pricing but as you probably know the 1500-2500 turd will be at 5500.00 real fast with metal work/labor. I would like to sell but wont give away. Car is in dry storage and will sell if offer is right.

If interested in learning more and getting pics, Please call me at 216 544-8626. Thanks! Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts