Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every one knows Fastbacks get all the love But not his time . I Just received my Tshirt from Rob Martin. Very cool stuff

·
Registered
1965 C-code Coupe, Silver Metallic Blue, 3-speed toploader, 3.00 rear
118 Posts
Dig the shirt.

I love Fastbacks, but I always wanted a coupe. Lighter, tad smaller, cheaper, easier to find parts, and when I envisioned a Mustang in my youth, it was always a coupe. Subdued, back-room and affordable "average joe" practicality, as opposed to the flamboyant "in your face" attention garnering fastback style. The coupe screams everything I would have been in 1965. The quiet confidant.

I'll stop reminiscing now. :)

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
More options were available for coupes, too!!

·
Dimples
5,666 Posts
Super cool art style. My daughter and I might need that.

With one of each in my garage, I must say that I love both body styles equally. I pined for a fastback in high school when I was daily driving my 65 coupe, and got mine shortly after that, but coupes are just so great too. There really isn't a wrong decision.

Dig the shirt.

I love Fastbacks, but I always wanted a coupe. Lighter, tad smaller...
Smaller?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Reactions: areallifecowboy

·
Dimples
5,666 Posts
Profile-wise. Fastbacks always look bigger to me due to the sweeping roofline and contoured profile.
Interesting. You know that they're not though, right? Volume-wise, fastbacks are probably a bit smaller. Less interior room and all that.

With one of each taking up residence in my garage, I can assure you the height, length and width is the same, since I often have to pretend that I'm skinnier than I actually am to squeeze by them, lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting. You know that they're not though, right? Volume-wise, fastbacks are probably a bit smaller. Less interior room and all that.

With one of each taking up residence in my garage, I can assure you the height, length and width is the same, since I often have to pretend that I'm skinnier than I actually am to squeeze by them, lol.
Yep; I'm aware their overall specs are all identical. The roofline on the fastback slopes back more gradually, giving the illusion it appears bigger than it is (at least to my eyes). All Mustangs look in pictures and at shows bigger than they are to me; I didn't realize just how small these cars were until I actually got up close and personal with them.

Reactions: areallifecowboy

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Mine is currently in the shop. Getting the floorpans, trunk pan, subframe, inner fenders, radiator core support, and any other structural steel replaced. I'm also converting from a C4 to a Tremec TKO600 (thanks ModernDriveline), replacing the entire wiring harness, changing to dual bowl master cylinder, some hood work, and replacing the front springs & shocks.

Its a decent price tag, but I saved up for it and I'm excited to get it back - should be in a few weeks. I'm hoping that next year I can get the bodywork & paint done on it; but at least for now I can have it as a daily driver and just enjoy the ride!! :)

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Too bad it there's no choice of color that I can find?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
yeah I wish they did Gray with black would be cooler during Autox season
Exactly! I'm not going to stand out working a corner on a 90º day in a black shirt. If I could get a shirt in gold or even yellow I would be cooler and everyone would know I'm "that guy"!

Reactions: 2nd 66
1 - 20 of 37 Posts