Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for everyons patience in advance, just trying to get the Arvinode exhaust system installed correctly in my factory I6 car that has been converterd to a V8.

Question 1. Being a factory I6 car, obviously, the car does not have the V8 dual exhaust mounts. Are the holes (beside my seat belt bolts) in my pic below, where the factory dual exhaust fwd hangars would attach to the body?

Question 2) Looking at factory V8 cars, this fwd mount looks like it is supported with extra steel, like the seat belt mount area. Will I have to weld a thick piece of metal to this area for the fwd hangers? Or can I just drill another hole in the body, for a factory style fwd mount hangar to be installed with 2 bolts?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I am answering my own question............I could go with something like this:

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,213 Posts
The pieces that you showed in your second post are what was welded to the rear floor pan on dual exhaust cars. I welded in the ones for a 69/70 car on my 69 Coupe when I converted it to dual exhaust. The ones I used I had to open up the hole for the seat belt bolt.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike G69, thanks for the pics and info.

Anybody, how thick/sterdy are these reenforcing plates?

·
Registered
35,875 Posts
Mike G69, thanks for the pics and info.

Anybody, how thick/sturdy are these reenforcing plates?
Should be the same as the floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts