Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been kicked around quite a bit, so forgive me if this sounds familiar. I am wondering if anyone found a rebuild kit that actually works? Baracu and several others had bad luck with kits from Scott Drake and NPD with o-rings being too small to seal correctly. I do not want to have to repeat those issues. Also, Charles Turner told me the the correct finish is a semi-gloss gray color. Does anyone have good pics of a correctly restored valve? Thanks in advance.

BTW, my valve looks like this, but works well...go figure!
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/4D/E1/11926861-d019-02000180-.jpg

·
Registered
884 Posts
In my correspondence with CT ,gray was the color. I could see traces of gray paint on my unit. He also stated that the adjuster was silver (clear) zinc and the lock nut was yellow zinc.

When I disassembled the unit, the "O" ring that came out looked fine, but when I went to reassemble, the ring had swelled. I inserted it the unit first. I will see if it holds pressure when I get the intire brake system ready.I will agree with you, that in the first assemlby it looked like the "O" ring was too small. I now wonder if it is brake fluid compatable. The "O" ring is certainly in tight now. It was a rebuild kit from Scott Drake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts