Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these `65-66 fastback rear headliner trim pieces. I also have the two long pieces -- one complete set. Obviously, only need one of these narrow trim pieces, one is a spare. Does anyone know why they are shaped different on the end which points forward when installed. I compared on my `66 FB & it "wraps-around" the two longer trim pieces like one on top ( left ). Is one `65 & one `66 ? Thanks for any input, Dean

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One w/o wraparound looks all original, not cut & has factory paint at end. Same overall length too. Maybe early `65 FB, like beltline trim with end caps ? Maybe ? I'm just curious, Dean

Reactions: Huntingky and BW66

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
IIRC, my 65 was flat and the ‘66 had a curve, but no way of knowing for sure if they were original to the cars or not.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My early '66 had the curve, and it was original to the car. Depending on when the factory ran out of the older trim pieces and when the new models began production, there might be some late '65s or early '66s with the old piece.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My late January (San Jose) built '66 has the return.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys ! My `66 FB is a very late build -- July ( Metuchen ). The consensus is the trim piece in question is an early `65 feature which I had never heard of before. Dean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts