Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy were having a nice little chat about his fastback that he picked up awhile back and is just now starting to work on. He says he thinks it was originally a GT but its only an original C code 289 2V. I thought that all GTs started out with at least the 289 4V? I know we could look for the welded brackets for the dual exhaust or the plate numbers on the steering box but I just wanted to know. So you GT people out there, in 65, could you order the GT package with the C code 289 2V?

G

·
Charles turner is right on the money,
if it where a `factory' GT it would be an A or a K in the
Vin code[a few miss taged Gts were built]
there`s more to a Gt than just a 4V motor and emblems
a few Dealer GT`s were built but most are owner added
very few Dealers or owner`s have [been able to] add all the
``correct'' parts that make a GT a GT

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
No, you could order parts from the dealership to add on to your c-code car, but a c-code could not have come from the factory as a GT. Well, not until 1967 at least.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
65gtfastback that was one cool website. Tommarrow we are going to take out his instrument cluster(which was replaced but has idiot lights/old falcon style) and see if we see the little indention in the dash. If not he owes me a tank a gas:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.