Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 66 coupe and Fb..Seem to recall a recent post saying all 66 with red inteerior..seats came with a white headliner.That looks to be the case in thee 66 coupe. But the 66FB has a red interior..seats. but the headliner is red. Both cars had red exteriors originally?
Any tips or info??
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
As was explained to me at one point by a MCA judge (I also have a 66 with red interior and a white headliner). It has to do with where your car was built and the time period. Apparently 66 coupes that were built in San Jose around December of 65 all got white headliners if they had a red interior. I think because they ran out of red headliners or something like that...some of the details are fuzzy. Where/when was yours built?

-Darren

·
Registered
288 Posts
My previous daily driver 66 coupe was red interior with a white headliner, from the factory. Built Sept 65 in NJ. It was white exterior, if that means anything.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My car is a, NJ mid december 65 build date, 66 car and it has red interiour and white headliner and sun visors. I'm positive this is the original for my car. From what I read it was supposed to be red. But I've heard of more red interiour fastbacks with white headliners than red.

Confusing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts