Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
magnetic cowl cover with vinyl colored topping. black blue silver white yellow. 20 dollars shipped

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
You can literally run 120 MPH with one of these on. I had one for years. Things to consider though. You have to remove it at least once a week...because if you don't, It will start eating your paint (rusting). The other con is that it will magnatize your cowl area, so if you are doing a repaint anytime soon, It could cause paint issues when your cowl area gets sprayed.. Those are the only cons. Does it keep out the water? Absoulutely!

Much better than those Plastic Metal knobbed covers if you ask me.

Tony K.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You can literally run 120 MPH with one of these on. I had one for years. Things to consider though. You have to remove it at least once a week...because if you don't, It will start eating your paint (rusting). The other con is that it will magnatize your cowl area, so if you are doing a repaint anytime soon, It could cause paint issues when your cowl area gets sprayed.. Those are the only cons. Does it keep out the water? Absoulutely!

Tony K.
Yup, I agree 100%. Ive had one for years. The faster you go, the more downforce on the cowl. It pressed mine so much that it conformed to the vents.

I cant tell if it magnatized the metal, never thought of that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Tony K.
I had the same one on my mustang cowl with crappy paint on for almost a year. Ive left that thing on there for months at a time and have no evidence of rust. And my car sits out on the rain. The magnetic pull on these covers is somewhat weak compared to other magnets. Its just enough to allow the product to stick to the cowl but not to much so that you cant get it off.

As with any cowl cover I would remove once in a while and clean the area b/c dirt and debri gather around the cover, this is what might promote rust as dirt will allow moisture to sit.

Glad you liked your cover hope it saves you some rusting headaches.

·
Registered
346 Posts
pic of what it looks like on?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts