Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which motor mount is lower than the other, the single stud style (early) or the later stronger stlye with the pass through bolt?

I hope I describe the differences well enough.

I thought the early style was lower but my buddy has the later style and his motor is lower than mine. My air cleaner hits the underside of my hood and I would like to install the stealth intake. I found one for $100.

G

·
0 Posts
i believe the 65 motor mounts actually sit slightly higher. i've come to this conclusion because my hipo manifolds rubbed the shocktower on the drivers side with the 66 style mounts while a friends 65 with the early non hipo mounts does not rub. i probably could have solved my problem by going with the taller style D0OZ mounts instead of the D0ZZ mounts. my friends car has the early mounts and cobra high rise intake with a 1/4 spacer and autolite 4100 carb and using the hipo style aircleaner he has no hood to air cleaner contact.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
66's ( the later style) are higher by 1/2 inch, more or less. This was measured in the car, my 65, same engine, same intake, one set of early mounts and one set of later style.
During the great "install the JBA headers like JBA said" fiasco..

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, the 66 is higher...A lot of guys go to these mounts on their 65's when they put in lower hanging headers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts