Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my new old school, brass/copper US Radiator for my 66 Mustang 289. She is pretty, but after visually inspecting it, I notice that it is missing the over flow hose retainer clips going down the side. I want to keep things period correct, so I am not going to install overflow container. Is this normal on replacement radiators for classic cars today (missing the built in retainer clips for the over flow hose)? If you are in the same boat, how did you secure the hose down the side of the radiator?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sorry to hear that, My Walker does not look OEM but it has the clips. I think I would be giving US Radiator a call.

·
Registered
35,890 Posts
Shhhhhsh.. don't tell anybody but GM clips work okay.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I don't remember my 66 I6 having an overflow container. Mine just empties alongside the radiator. Maybe it's different from the v8s.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Black zip ties that blend into the engine bay.

John

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Nah the V8 radiator just has the tube from the cap spout along the driver side to the ground by the strut rod brace. I think he just means the new radiator doesn't have the curled metal that retains the hose. A zip tie would work, but a little plastic wiring or plumbing clip would git'er'done and look a little less Podunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts