Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys here is my first task for my first vintage mustang I have just purchase.... I went underneath the car today and un-bolted the drivers seat and pulled it out , realized that the frame is broken. its possible that I can weld this back together but, I rather buy another that in alot better condition.... so where can purchase/find these seat frames? Please advise

-w

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
NPD has them. Part #60050-1A $179.95 + shipping.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Weld your existing one ... if done correctly, it will be stronger than before, and probably twice as strong as a repro.

I broke my driver's seat and found a replacement. The replacement lasted about 5 months and it broke. I welded that one back together and haven't had a problem now for about 4 years, and it's my daily driver 365 days a year.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If it is the bottom frame they are available, but like johnpro said, weld it up. The seat backs seem to be the weak link on these though. I think if your car was ever rear-ended the seatback cross brace broke at the adjusting bolt hole. I was also able to beat it back into shape and weld it up. A little extra metal added (knock wood) should insure it doesn't happen again!

Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts