Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you find one you trust works?

And, did you print off a paper from the internet and go for it, or actual bolt on template?

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I bought mine from opentracker and then passed it on to another forum member when I was done with it. I liked it because it bolted into place with 1/8" holes in the right place to start the new ones.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
^^Ya, swipe one off the net, print and measure with your finest ruler. Then re-open it in MSPaint and use the stretch/skew function to make it taller/shorter fatter/wider then reprint and remeasure. Took me about 5-6 times printing until it was dead nuts perfect then transfer to metal.
I think its 1/8-3/16" of shims you remove after the drop so if you have a lot of shims in place beforehand you might leave the template in place to make up for them. Think about having a MC bar and export brace in place before alignment. If you didn't have a lot of shims the template can limit neg camber that is possible.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I bought mine from opentracker and then passed it on to another forum member when I was done with it. I liked it because it bolted into place with 1/8" holes in the right place to start the new ones.
Got mine from Street or Track. It probably needs to start making the rounds.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i got mine from dazecars, along with the proper sized drill bit for the final hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts