Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I was waiting on my front bumper to be de-chromed, I decided to make the upper 3 pieces into one for a cleaner look. I'm not planning on using the factory chrome trim in the center and just painting it all body color. But if you wanted to still use your trim you could.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might have a part on Saturday for my first test fit. I'm thinking about still using the hood latch but make it open from the inside with a cable :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I would order a cable release kit in a darn heartbeat! Just sayin.....

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is just a skim part for test fitting. We do this first before we actually proceed with making the mold. At this stage we can make any changes if necessary.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wish they made a mold so we could use later model headlights such as 05 mustangs and such. It would look great on any restomod theme. I seen one 65 or 66 by the Eastwood company with later model headlights and now im in love. I do remember it took a lot of work to fit those in. But anyway great job your doing there.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your talking about the car built by Kevin Tetz. The way he did it required extensive modification to the front end that your average DIY wouldn't be able to accomplish. Now if I was to make full fiberglass fenders it would be a piece of cake for anyone :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts