Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the ss V8 fuel line today in place of the I6 fuel line. How many clipping points are there, under the left wheel well area? One ot two? Does anybody have a pic. Getting so so so close to installing the 289.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Installing the ss V8 fuel line today in place...Getting so so so close to installing the 289.
Great news! Just one fuel line clip/bracket, bolts to the water pump just under the distributor vac advance line and diaphragm, and the retainer folds over the bracket. The bracket is painted, the clip is natural steel (better use cast or clear to prevent rust). Some lines are made to go in front of the distributor and over the water outlet, some behind the two.

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
If your talking about the one inside the drivers side wheel well mine is directly under the forward part of the upper control arm, it has a large course screw holding it to the sub frame exactly 5” from where it turns to go into engine compartment

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
^^^ I totally missed the wheel well part. This is a picture from the original 66 we are driving today.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts