Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...is it really worth it to bother w\a 65-66FB w\a straight 6 and a C4 if its in a good driver condition $3800 ( i could haggle him down more)? I decided if i pick this up...im not going to do the v8 swap...but maybe just sell it out or something...but whats the current market value for a FB 6? i tend not to follow stuff like nada, or kellys since theyre way off.... ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
If it's a straight solid FB body I'd say it is worth it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eh...well the only thing that holds me back on this is that its a 6...

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Save your money for the project you want.
Spending the money you made selling you last project car so you could buy a better project car will only result in one thing, you not having the money to buy the right car when it turns up. You already know how hard it was to sell your old mustang. Your are entering into a loosing propostion IMO

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what it seems like DT....oh well...i should probably stick to the 5.0 until i get outta school lol

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If it's a solid and original early fastback, it is easily worth $3800. In much of the country there are NO solid cars left. IIRC, Fastbacks represented about 1 in 8 cars sold during that period. They are considerably rarer than convertibles (not to imply more desirable, though) and a solid example - even a 6-cylinder automatic, is worth 5k in my estimation.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree with mrgem. It is a good price for the fastback. I personally like I6's. They are always be converted to V8's which should start to make the value of the I6 go up in the future. It should be there now but for some reason not too many people want a I6. Good luck with the decision and post pictures if you get it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It is certainly worth it. A solid driveable fastback at that price actually seems quite low, even if it is a 6 cyl. If it isn't what you want I am sure you may want to keep looking, but that car will certainly make some new owner very happy I am sure.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not interested? Sounds like just what my daughter's been looking for. If you decide against it, let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
242 Posts
M&F recently had a value guide in their mag, it put the value for one in fair condition at$7200. I paid muchless than that for my 65. Don't think that just because it is a 6 that it is not worthy.For 3800, I'd take it.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
It's not one to take to the road course, but it sounds like a fair deal.

Personally, I'm really warming up to the I-6s, especially at that discount to what you'd pay for a 289 car !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts