Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 65 a code fastback, most metal work has been done & it is a rolling shell, the floors need to be welded in place but the old are cut out, no motor/trans though & missing some interior parts like rear seat, of course the hard stuff to get.
anyways, I paid 5K for it, you think I paid to much? I mostly deal in convertibles so fastbacks are not my thing. it looks like this car may be a gt, it has KH disc brakes & the exhaust brackets behind the rear seat, that is what I have seen so far.
oh & the hole for the fog light switch in the dash, close to the DS kick panel

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Can you post some pictures?
If it's had a lot of metal work
done properly then you did ok.
Do you have a good title for it?
Original door tag? All VIN's on the aprons?
Fastbacks are in high demand so you can't
go wrong with a decent car.
A salvage yard I go to has three fastbacks
and recently someone has cut off and bought
the roof on all of them, probably coupe
conversions.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I've seen alot of the interior panels recently on Ebay and there is a VMFer, Bruce Dodds [email protected] that sells alot of Fastback parts in the parts section of the forum. I purchased my underdash a/c unit from him with no problems.

5k for a rolling shell, and all the major body work is complete, I think you did ok. If it turns out to be a GT then you did good. Love to see some pic too. Enjoy your new project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts