Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
10,849 Posts
Welcome to VMF from a fellow Alabama native! There's a whole bunch of us on VMF and another thread (kind of stale) for Alabama VMF members. Post up pics of your ride and progress!
A lot of us do, and encourage others, work on your own ride. They are a great way to learn and have fun.

Reactions: GreenSquid

· Registered
Dark Green 67 Convertible, 289, T5
36 Posts
Welcome to VMF.

The guy who did my body work retired but I have heard that Burnett Restorations does good work.

I do most of my own engine work so don't have any help there.

If you haven't, you should join Rocket City Mustang club at Rocket City Mustang Club | Groups | Facebook. It consist of local Huntsville Mustang owners (classic ones and new). If you post your question there someone should be able to help with local information.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Welcome to vmf.
As my first car 66 said post up some pictures as you move ahead.

And no it don't have to be all shiney & pristine. I don't think anybody on the forum has any shame in showing their car in various stages of un done.
I would say get it into a running,driveing condition then do that as you get a game plan together . If you blow it apart for a major restoration out the gate,you might give up after 4 or 5 years in & it leaves in boxes on a trailer. Have fun.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
Welcome to VMF from another Alabama (transplant from the northern tundra of South Dakota) resident, Silverhill/Fairhope area.

Be sure to add one of these to your tool cabinet, available from a myriad of vendors. It will save you money in the long run. Link is to one of the best vendors in the business.

John

· Registered
1965 Coupe, C Code, 3-speed manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to VMF from another Alabama (transplant from the northern tundra of South Dakota) resident, Silverhill/Fairhope area.

Be sure to add one of these to your tool cabinet, available from a myriad of vendors. It will save you money in the long run. Link is to one of the best vendors in the business.

John
Thank you for the recommendation!
I'm also a transplant, moving here about a year ago. I'm originally from north GA but the Army has kept me moving all over. Hopefully I'm settling down now, at least that's the plan!

· Registered
1965 Coupe, C Code, 3-speed manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to vmf.
As my first car 66 said post up some pictures as you move ahead.

And no it don't have to be all shiney & pristine. I don't think anybody on the forum has any shame in showing their car in various stages of un done.
I would say get it into a running,driveing condition then do that as you get a game plan together . If you blow it apart for a major restoration out the gate,you might give up after 4 or 5 years in & it leaves in boxes on a trailer. Have fun.
Great advice, thank you! I'll throw up some more photos, I've actually done a lot of suspension and brake work so starting along the running/driving condition you describe. Engine runs, but still a way to go before it's ready to test the road!

· Registered
5,048 Posts
Welcome. Looks like a fairly solid car! I live about an hour north of Huntsville myself. I can't make any reccomendations for paint or body work, much more likely to do it myself and happily mess it up and re-do it until I get it right. One of these days my car will actually be driving and I will head down that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.