Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post pics or diagrams for the clutch linkage for a 65 mustang? I need to know where on the frame I need to attach the spring that goes to the throwout lever (the one that keeps tension on the rod that pushes the lever back). I think I have the stock spring, but cannot figure out where to attach it to the frame.

thanks in advance-

·
Registered
148 Posts
Unless 65 is way different than any other old Ford linkage that I've worked on, that spring should connect to the hole on the clutch fork and the small hole just above the lower clutch rod hole on the Z-bar. Hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Imagine being under the car. Directly above you is the clutch fork. Look straight forward toward the nose of the car. See where the left LCA bolts up to the car? Now look above the bolt at the bracket. You will see an oval hole above the LCA bolt. Thats were the spring hooks in (front). The rear spring-hook connects to the fork.

That said, with Hooker Headers, I elected to make a bracket that fits onto one of the motor mount frame bracket bolts. It has an eye for the front end of the spring. I did this to provide a better angle for the spring while using Hooker Comps. The spring no longer rubs the header pipe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

It was right where you said it would be geegee. It made a big difference in how the clutch works by getting that secured in the correct place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts