Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this car up today and know it is going to be exactly what someone is looking for. The car was originally from California and then spent some time in SC and then here in GA for the past 5 years. The gentleman i got the car from put some real time and $$$ into this car but money issues forced the sale. I can;t pass up on really nice cars that I find locally so I bought it.

Originally a 6 cylinder 3 speed the drivetrain was scrapped and a completely rebuilt 289 built to Hipo specs was dropped in just 200 miles ago. In addition, a T-5 transmission and 4 wheel disc brakes were installed. All of the suspension was replaced with new and dual flow masters extend out back to give this motor the roar it deserves.

Usually i stay away form cars that were originally 6 cylinder cars but let me tell you the reason I couldn;t pass on this one was that one look at the undercarriage and i knew this was truly a California rust free car...rock solid and dry! The car appears to have one repaint in the original Rangoon Red color and looks very nice. Minor chips and a small scratch on the passenger fender. I do not see any signs of previous rust and the body is nice and straight and doors close very nicely!

The black standard interior looks great with just a little fading in the carpet. The top is manual but I have most of the components to convert it to power if you desired. The top itself looks great, however, there is a split back glass window and the seal is broken on it so it either needs to be repaired or replaced. It has new Styled steel wheels and brand new tires. All gauges and lights appear to be functioning properly.

In summary this is a true "Stallion", not just a great pony! I drove it home 30 miles and had it going 85 in 5th gear on the highway and it sounded awesome!

It's not a show car...it's a fantastic driver with tons of eye appeal and originality. This is one fun car to drive and will be the right car for someone looking for one to take to Cruise ins or local shows or make those long fun trips in. I believe this is a car you could drive cross country if you wanted to.

I am asking $20,500 and will listen to serious offers. I will be taking pictures of it tomorrow and can email them to serious buyers. Please call me first. you can reach me at 770-712-1326. I am in Atlanta GA area.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts