Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
No, It also goes on the Starter solenoid.

It goes on the Forward most terminal that the Positive Battery cable is on, on the Starter Solenoid. It goes on BEFORE the Positive Battery cable. Pictures speak louder than words. The Terminal is not just black, but its Black with a Yellow stripe.

:eek:)

Tony K.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, It also goes on the Starter solenoid.

It goes on the Forward most terminal that the Positive Battery cable is on, on the Starter Solenoid. It goes on BEFORE the Positive Battery cable. Pictures speak louder than words. The Terminal is not just black, but its Black with a Yellow stripe.

:eek:)

Tony K.

So I’ll bet that’s what smokechecked my black yellow alternator wire the other day??? I had that hooked to ground.

On this gauge feed harness from Scott Drake, it’s a plain black wire with a large ring terminal on it. The only black/yellow wire i have is on the alternator harness going to the voltage regulator and the Starter Solenoid?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Either:
1. Using an ohm meter, determine where the wire goes in the harness (it's not appear to be that complicated a harness) and then "reverse engineer" to determine what it goes to at the other end. a wiring diagram will point you in the right direction.
2. Call CJP! It should have come with instructions to make the set up easy.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
That black wire, which is usually black with a yellow stripe is how the ignition switch gets power. It runs from the positive side of the solenoid as a black-yellow and turns into the yellow wire going into your ignition switch. Even if you grounded that wire instead of hooking it to the positive side of the solenoid, I don't believe that would necessarily harm anything. It's only hot from the battery and doesn't get power from anywhere else.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts