Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

15" Torq's with 225/60 in back and 205/60 up front. The back was way up high and lowered it about 2 inches in total with new shackles and 1" lowering blocks.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Looks very nice.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Those are the tire sizes we are using on Red. Good choice. 1" drop in front?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Do the back tires rub at all? I've got the same size tires on my car and I get a little rubbing when the car gets a little twisted (like going around a corner with a valley or entering a parking lot too fast, etc.),otherwise no rubbing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i like it close to same size tire as mine

Just got htem installed last week
205/55/16 Front
235/60/16 Rear

i am going to "shelby drop" the front and probably another 1" out of the coils

i am probably going to 1" drop the rear as well with either blocks or shackles

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,

Those are the tire sizes we are using on Red. Good choice. 1" drop in front?
I did the front suspension years ago but no shelby drop (yet?) just 1" drop springs I think 600 or 620lb. I was thinking the 1" drop may be a good thing along with roller pirches thinking about it.

No rubbing at all still have some room out back, I think 235/50's or wider would have worked. Not much room left up front. No rolled fenders. My site has more suspension info and pics.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made the lights with modern driving lights and the outer chrome lens trim from the original fog lights and part of the assembly. They are brighter than the Holegen headlamps and have leds to change the color of them. Mounted them right to the grill and also took the horse out of the coral. Rigged this up temporarily but temp has become almost a year now. The trick was finding the right sized lamp. They are about 4" in DIA.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee211/mnstrmustangphotos/Coupe%202007/9117.jpg

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I'm not sure if I like it...oh wait, I got the same wheels!!! Very nice

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You and your daughter have great taste, i would say... Nice!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Closer look at rear wheel. Prety stiff suspension with 1" front and 5/8" rear swaybars KYB's all around. No rub.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee211/mnstrmustangphotos/Coupe%202007/th_Coupe07rearwheel.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts